Selling With Heart
Selling goals are set for a reason; however…
“…what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:6, KJV)
I’ve long recognized that none of the people with whom I have a long-term relationship – be it personal or professional – are driven solely by their quest for money. They all have a moral compass, a code, a drive to make a difference in the world beyond filling their own purses. Yes, selling is about going to the bank. Yes, business does require that we make money. But the mantra that resonates with me is:
“Do good. Have fun. Make money.”
(I love it so much that I bought the domain)
The ultimate win on this trifecta is when you manage your life and your business so that you can do all three and all at the same time.
When I first heard Shari Levitin, I recognized a kindred spirit. Here’s a quick resume:
- A star sales performer in the hospitality industry
- Founder of the Shari Levitin Group
- Inspirational transformation consultant
- Best-selling author of ‘Heart & Sell’
- Known for increasing over 1 billion dollars in revenue in over 40 different countries
Sure, she leads the field. She can point to 9 figures of revenue generated. But look at her book title: Heart and Sell.
The real winners in selling are living differently.
They are connecting as humans, with humans, on a human/heart level and are helping people solve their problems. Along the way, they get paid very well and have great lives.
Here are just 6 highlights on both selling and leading gleaned from a really great conversation. (Click here to listen to the entire interview.)
- “Anything that can be told can be asked.”
- Empathy gets you through the door. Reliability Integrity Authenticity Competency keeps you there.
- Better people make better sales people.
- Give people incentives for failure.
- If you don’t fall down skiing, you aren’t skiing enough. Go out on the skinny branches. Don’t do what the rest of the pack does. Be yourself.
- You can lose the deal, but don’t ever lose the lesson.
There’s a longer article on this subject on the blog here.
Michael Stammer is a Sales | Life | Performance coach available for individual and group coaching and speaking to organizations. For more visit www.coachmichael.com